Post #28
Concord, Massachusetts - I want to start out this post with a shout-out to the Brookline High girls' rowing team! I came to their practice and spoke to them earlier this week about my background and my Worlds experience. They had great questions - from nutrition to training to racing. We even got down the nitty-gritty details of splits and 20k times. Gotta love it! It is always rewarding for me to share my experience and what I've learned with the next generation of rowers and I loved talking with the Brookline girls.
For the first time in a long time, I'm at home for long enough to take advantage of training on the Charles. This morning, I was out there in crisp, sunny, 38 degree weather for a solid 80' in a friend's single. It was magical. I was one of the only boats out there and since I went early on a Sunday morning, even the city was quiet. There were tons of people running on the path along the river to keep me company though. I forget how much I love the Charles when I'm away!

The Charles. A friend sent this to me years ago. Credit: Charles River Conservancy
Row2k, the main source of news, results, and photos for the rowing world, interviewed me for a feature article last week. The interview is set to be posted in the next couple days, so keep an eye out for it. They even asked a question about ITA! I'll link it when I see it.
No comments:
Post a Comment