Post #31
Concord, Massachusetts - After having been asked about my favorite workout songs by the high school girls I've been working with, I decided to put together a list of the best ones. These are the tunes I've worked out to a million times, but never get old. They're the ones that put a smile on my face and make me pumped up and love what I'm doing. They're the ones we blasted out of the boathouse at 6 am, knowing that we were probably waking up the entire city of Madison.
It should be noted that most of these songs were discovered and made popular (at least on our team) by Heidi. Heidi and I were teammates at Wisco and she is an awesome person. She was a coxswain on the team, which means she sits in the stern of the eight and steers, strategizes, and gets everyone working together. Aside from being a great friend and teammate, Heidi is also well known for her ability to find new workout songs and assemble them into playlists that we listened to all winter long. Her songs from college are loaded on my iPod and still get me through even the toughest workouts, especially those full pressure pieces in a big, dark, quiet erg room by myself in the dead of winter.
Heidi and I (and Margot!) at work for the Badgers at 2007 Head of the Charles
Wisco spring training trip (junior year)
Top 10 Steady State Songs:
1. Show Me, Mint Royale ft. De La Soul
2. Touches You, Mika
3. Church, T-Pain
4. Heart of a Champion, Nelly
5. Good Day, Nappy Roots
6. Daylight, Matt & Kim
7. The Sweet Escape, Gwen Stefani
8. Use It, The New Pornographers
9. Bulletproof, La Roux
10. Hard to Beat, Hard-Fi
Top 5 Testing Songs:
1. Love Today, Mika
2. Bring Em Out, T.I.
3. Lose Yourself, Eminem
4. Oh! Gravity, Switchfoot
5. Here it Goes Again, Ok Go
No comments:
Post a Comment