Monday, December 6, 2010

CRI and Row2k Article

Post #29

Concord, Massachusetts - Yesterday I did an impromptu speech at Community Rowing (CRI), the club I rowed at in high school. My coach is still there, so I always make a point of coming in to say hi when I'm home. The club is so different than when I rowed there. Back in 2000-2004, we rowed out of an ice-skating-rink-turned-boat-storage-spot. Since I graduated from high school and left Massachusetts, they've built a huge boathouse. It's a great facility with lots of space. The team has also grown in size since I was there. Back when I was on the team, there were only about thirty of us who did the winter training program. Now, there are about fifty girls doing it. I'm glad that rowing is growing in popularity! The girls had lots of great questions and it was a treat to get to talk to them.

I'm honored to announce that Row2k has done a feature article on me that can be found on today's homepage. If you want to hear all about Worlds, summer training, and my favorite races, head on over there!

No comments: