Friday, November 28, 2014

Giving Thanks

Post # 184

Oakland, California - Thanksgiving is all about taking a step back from what can be a crazy busy life and reflecting on how awesome everything around us is. In no particular order, here's what I'm most thankful for:

1. My health. It seems so simple, but you can never take that for granted.

2. Having a big goal and actually having the opportunity to pursue it. I feel like the luckiest person alive that I get to wake up every morning and pursue something I absolutely love.

3. Flat water and sunshine and loving where I live every day.

4. In the Arena, for believing in me as a person and as an athlete and for connecting me to the wonderful families and athletes at Artemis Rowing.

5. My fiercely devoted family in Boston who are unconditionally supportive of me and my goals.  My extended family in San Francisco who remind me that home is never too far away.

6. My teammates, who challenge me to be a better athlete and make this tough, exhausting lifestyle fun.

7. My amazing, silly, loving boyfriend who I get to see every day.

8. Old friends who put in the effort to keep in touch even though they're far away. Thank goodness for FaceTime.

9. My work clients who make me more creative and make my days super entertaining. I'm lucky to say that there's not one day that I hate my job.

10. My bed, aka the cloud. (Spent too many nights living on an air mattress to not appreciate this all the time!)




No comments: