Post # 183
Oakland, California - This weekend was the final race of 2014: the USRowing West Coast Fall Speed Order. It's a two-day event with a test on the rowing machine on Friday evening and a race on the water the next morning. The events are within 15 hours of each other, making it a tough turnaround. I was glad it was a home race for CRC - there's nothing quite like sleeping in your own bed the night before a race.
The test on the rowing machine went well for me. I pulled a personal record (PR) by six seconds over my time in March. I still need to get faster but it's a step in the right direction. I was challenged by a couple parts of the race on the water, but came away with second place behind Kate for the lightweight women and a fourth place overall finish. I see the areas where I need to improve going forward and I'm excited to get cracking on those.
But first, we got a much needed day off. Today I slept in until 7:45 am (such a sleep in!). It was glorious to not have to wake up to an alarm. Seems like fall has finally hit me because I had a full-on pumpkin craving when I woke up. I'm spending the day decompressing in the kitchen making good food with some good music going on my computer. Just about perfect.
Artemis had their final fall regatta this weekend as well. They've been making some awesome improvements this fall so I can't wait to hear all about how this one went when I see them on Tuesday.
Results:

No comments:
Post a Comment