Sunday, October 5, 2014

Boston Bound

Post # 180

Oakland, California - The countdown is on: only 13 days until Head of the Charles in Boston. It'll be my eleventh time racing at this regatta and I'm really excited to go back to my hometown. Maybe it's the 90+ degree weather out here in California that's making me long for some crisp fall air and my mom's apple crisp or maybe it's the fact that I didn't really have a chance to visit at all this summer. Either way, it's going to be a great trip.

There are twenty one athletes racing in the Championship Single this year (the event I'm racing in) and the start order has just been published. I'll be the 6th boat starting at 4:39 pm on Saturday October 18th. If you watch the live stream and listen to the commentary, note that we probably won't be racing around the bend where they announce until 10-15 minutes after the start time. Results will be posted here.

Artemis isn't going to be racing at the Charles this year but they're bookending that weekend with two local races. It was awesome to hang out with the kids earlier this week and we're plotting to do a trail run together sometime soon. Since each of them is growing another foot in height each week, they'll probably kick my butt, but oh well...

Onward!

No comments: