Oakland, California - Here's a recap of what I've been up to for the last few weeks:
I came back to the US after Amsterdam and was right back at work the next day. My travel had been so unexpected this summer that I had a lot of loose ends to tie up when I got home. The first week back was busy but I was glad to be sleeping in my own bed again. Also happy to see this view: the estuary and docks where we row.
My boyfriend Hans and I went up to Seattle for his best friend's wedding last weekend. It was a super quick trip but we had such a blast. The weather was gorgeous and we actually got dressed up like real people.
While I was in Seattle I met up with Grace, who I rowed with at Wisconsin. Grace is proof that the bonds you make when training and racing together on a team last forever. She and I hadn't talked much in three years but we picked back up like not a single day had passed. I loved catching up with her.
The day after I got back from Seattle, my dad came to town. It was the first time he's visited since I moved here so I had to show him all the sights. We packed in as much as we could in the days we had together, including beaches, ferry rides, driving tours, and some cool views.
It's been a busy couple weeks and now it's time to get back to work. The Head of the Charles is the next big thing on my schedule and it's less than four weeks away. I got this picture in a text from a friend in Boston saying, hey, isn't that you? Turns out the race committee decided to put a picture of my legs on the banners that are now lining the streets along the Charles River. If you're in town, say hi!





No comments:
Post a Comment