Post # 173
The Artemis season came to a close this week, which is bittersweet. It's always hard to say bye to the kids and wrap up a year, but the team has come a long way since last September.
But let's rewind to 2012 for a second, when I first met these kids. Many of them were shy, not super confident in their abilities, and it didn't feel like they could completely be themselves on the team. It's been incredible to watch the individuals and team change over the past two years. The shy kids are now like Dylan is in this picture. The unconfident kids have now won medals at the Regional Championships. And the team has gelled through common experiences, whether they be fun, tiring, nutty, or nerve-wracking.
I've said it before but I'll say it again: I'm excited to see where this team will go from here. Much of it is in the hands of the athletes on the team and they're taking it to some pretty great places. With three boats making it to Nationals, not to mention an awesome Regionals performance, fall regattas, and an entire year of team bonding, we head into the 2014-2015 with a great platform to build from.

No comments:
Post a Comment