Monday, September 23, 2013

"Back to California Where It's Warm"

Post # 151

After being gone for over a month in Korea, Boston, and Chicago, I've touched down in California again and I'm glad to be here. It was a fun trip and so great to see my family and friends during the weeks after Worlds. Now that I'm back, I'm easing back into work and training. This time of year always tests your patience as an athlete because you feel so slow even though a couple weeks ago you felt so fast. It's tough to wrap your head around when you're on your first couple rows back and you're watching how slow your speed is on the GPS. Somehow it always works out but it never feels like it's going to.

So what's on tap for my fall season? I'll be racing at Head of the Charles again this year, this time in the Championship single. For the past five years I've raced in the lightweight single and this year I'm stepping up to the big leagues and racing past heavyweight Worlds medalists, among other incredibly talented scullers. That's October 19th and 20th. I'll probably do a couple more races, but I'm still sorting out which those will be. More to come!

Happy to be back with the California Rowing Club team 

No comments: