Monday, March 21, 2011

Practice Video

Post #39

Berkeley, CA - Often times in rowing, we use video review to learn how to improve technically. It's one thing to feel how you're rowing, but it's an entirely different thing to see what you're doing from the coach's view. There have been so many times that I've thought, "wow, I really feel like I'm (sitting up, getting my catches in well, rowing smoothly, etc.)" but then after seeing the video, realize that I am totally not. For me, video is one of the most valuable ways to make technical improvements. Here's some recent video of practice.

Over the weekend, the Wisconsin Lightweights were in the SF area to race Stanford and Princeton in their first spring race against other lightweight teams. It was great to see the Badgers again and cheer them on. The races were all dual style (the lake isn't wide enough for anything other than two boats across) so it made it especially exciting. Spring is here and I can't wait to get out there and race down the course myself!

1 comment:

Ann said...

I remember the first few times I got to see footage of myself in practice. It was actually at camp in Wisconsin, and Erik kept pointing out the same mistakes that he had been badgering us about. It was a little embarrassing, but so helpful!