Post #36
Berkeley, California - Today I continued my west coast training adventure by driving up the California coast to San Francisco. Since I had all day to do the drive, I decided to take the more scenic route (although it was three hours longer). I drove the famous Highway 1, which goes right along the coast. In many areas, there are cliffs that drop straight down into the ocean and the "highway" is just a little road carved into it. There was plenty of twisting and turning but I'm happy to report that everything (boat included) has arrived in one piece. I saw so many incredible things along the way, including downtown Santa Barbara, giant elephant seals lying on the beach in San Simeone, and tons of beautiful views up through Big Sur. I pulled off the road about fifteen times along the way to snap photos. It was just stunning.
Some of those photos are below; more to come in the next day or two as I sift through the 110 that I took today!
Santa Barbara
Elephant Seals
No comments:
Post a Comment