Sunday, August 1, 2010

On the Road Again...Again

Post #17

Bellingham, Washington - Yes, it really is the time of year when I travel a lot! I was at a training camp in Oklahoma City for ten days before going back home to Madison. I had two solid weeks of training in the single in Madison before I packed up my apartment, put it all in a U-Haul truck, and moved out. The next day (yesterday), I was flying over the snow-capped mountains of Washington before landing in Seattle. I'll be spending the next few months in Bellingham, a city about an hour and a half north of Seattle. It was sad to say goodbye to my cute apartment, great friends, and amazing community in Madison, but I am excited about being here. I am going to be training with two women who have already been named to the U.S. National team in the lightweight double for this year's World Championships in New Zealand. After trials in September, I'll know whether I'll be joining them on that trip. Bellingham is a gorgeous place to live and train and I feel really lucky to be here. Considering I grew up doing lots of hiking and romping in the mountains, it's great to be around them after being in the Midwest for such a long time! After settling in and getting over my jet lag, I look forward to starting an ITA project with the youth in the area.




1 comment:

Kate Whitcomb said...

Getting it done Kristin, I like it! You will have a new cute apartment with more great friends before you know it! Best of luck, `kate