Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Field Trip!

Post #14

Madison, Wisconsin - Today I took my third grade class to the boathouse on a field trip! We just got back a couple of hours ago but I wanted to post pictures as soon as I could because I know some of you kids (and parents) wanted to check them out. Here they are:

Peeking at the Olympic trophy case

Looking out on Lake Mendota

Showing pictures to Drake and Otto

Walking through the boat bays downstairs

Checking out the eights

Getting to touch the double scull and ask questions

Seeing how heavy an oar is

Sharing my 2008 National Champion gold medal

The girls getting a turn on the rowing machine. Bryn won the 100 meter race for the girls!

Drake won the 100 meter race for the boys!

Ms. Feingold's third grade class

Flexing our muscles!!

Enjoying Babcock Hall ice cream, made right here on the UW campus


Big thanks go out to Mia, Amanda, and Dani, my teammates who helped answer questions and teach the kids how to use a rowing machine. I'm glad all you kids had fun - I know I did!

No comments: