Saturday, June 26, 2010

Double Gold!

Post # 15

Princeton, New Jersey - I am about to leave NJ with my dad and drive 4 hours up the east coast to Rhode Island but I wanted to do a quick update to let all the fans in Madison (and beyond maybe!) know how it went.

I WON both of the events I raced in at this year's USRowing Elite National Championships: the lightweight single and the lightweight double! In the singles race at 8:20 am today, I posted the fastest time I've ever gone, 7 minutes, 42 seconds. I received my gold medal and put my single on land before grabbing the double about 20 minutes later and launching for that race. We didn't really know how we were going to do in the double since me and my partner had only ever practiced together twice. We led the race the whole way down and even though it was a closer race than in the single, we still took home the gold medal.

Results from the single are HERE....results from the double are HERE.

A lightweight quad (four people) with the Wisconsin athletes that Mrs. Feingold's class met at the boathouse a couple weeks ago raced this morning as well. They won their race as well, and that was a really exciting one to watch because they were in second place until the last couple of meters. Their results are HERE.

I'll upload pictures when I get back to Madison. For now, it's time for a 3-day vacation at the beach while I visit with my family.

No comments: