Monday, January 12, 2015

Home Life

Post # 186

The past few weeks have been pretty great. I'm back in the Bay Area and getting back to regular life: training, work, coaching, and everything else. This is the view that greeted me the day I got back from Boston:

A nice welcome home, courtesy of the Oakland Estuary

Playing catch on the beach

Artemis has started up again after the break and the kids are as great as ever. I coach them once a week for land workouts, which everyone has a love-hate relationship with. The workouts make you fast, but they can be brutal. This was the "after" picture at this week's practice:

Mixed feelings after an Artemis erg session 

I'm spending a bunch of time on the water and in the weight room these days. I've also had some awesome cross-training sessions recently. I try to mix it up and keep it interesting, whether that's where I run or bike, who I go with, or what I listen to. Now that the Serial podcast is over, I'm back to listening to my standby, the TED Radio Hour podcast by NPR. A sign of gettin' old? You bet. But they pass the time in an entertaining way.

Cross-training selfie on the Golden Gate Bridge? Yes. 

Hope everyone had a great New Year's celebration and is off to a great start in 2015. It's gonna be a good one.

No comments: