Thursday, April 17, 2014

Coast Hopping Begins

Post # 165

Oakland, California - Over the past few weeks, we've been upping the race pace work, which is always tough at first but I start to love it as my body gets used to it. It's all because the NSRs (National Selection Regattas) are upon us, which means only one thing to West Coasters: time to start the cross-country treks. The two NSRs are only three weeks apart, but jobs and a team in California make it a challenge to stay out there in between. Good news is we'll be racking up some frequent flyer miles.

California Rowing Club will be racing three singles (Ann, Kate, and myself) and one pair (Nick and David) at the first NSR. It's the season opener and pretty much anyone who is interested in making the national team this year will be there. It's a perfect opportunity to see where my winter training has taken me. Here's the schedule:

Thursday April 24: AM Time Trial, PM Heats
Friday April 25: AM Semifinals
Saturday April 26: AM Finals

I'll be updating this with info and how to follow along as the regatta gets going. There are 22 entries in my event - that might be the most in any NSR I've ever raced at. I'm glad to see the field growing.

Looking forward to finally letting it loose out on the course!

No comments: