Post # 162
Oakland, California - Hard to believe it, but it's true. We've all been in the winter grind for a few months now, but my teammates and I have managed to keep it interesting with some fun cross-training activities. Last weekend, we went on a sweet (albeit muddy and wet) hike in the Redwoods:
The Artemis kids have already started racing, and I start next weekend at the Spring Speed Order hosted by California Rowing Club. It's just like the Fall Speed Order where we race on both Saturday and Sunday. This race is a good chance for us to see where we stack up in our last long distance race until October. In the area? Want to come cheer me and my teammates on? Here's the deal:
Saturday March 15: 6km test on the rowing machine - PHOTOS / RESULTS
Sunday March 16: 4km race on the water - PHOTOS / RESULTS
The best viewing spot for the 4k race on Sunday is either on the High Street bridge or at the MLK Jr. Shoreline Center. The race starts at the High Street Bridge and ends at the watermelon at the bottom of the "pit" (near the airport)
After this Speed Order, the real stuff gets going. I'll be racing at National Selection Regatta 1 (NSR1) in the single in late April and NSR2 in the double in mid-May. Those are the ones that start to count for selection to the US Team.
I'll leave you with some pics from Artemis practice over the last few months:
No comments:
Post a Comment