Since our NSR 2 victory a month ago, Kate and I have been training in California to get ready for the World Cup in Lucerne, Switzerland. We've gotten in some solid weeks of work here and it's been a lot of fun to start fine tuning this double. We're leaving this week and will be training and adjusting overseas before we hit the starting line of the World Cup for our international debut as a LW2x.
Training in Oakland
Lucerne is a magical place. It ranks high, if not the highest, on my list of favorite places to race. How can it not be when there's flat water, fast and exciting racing, rolling hills, and clanging cowbells - all set in a quaint, historic city with towering mountains as the backdrop? (Oh, and I think there's something about the Swiss and their chocolate...) There's no denying that I'm excited to be going back.
Lucerne from a castle
We'll be racing July 12-14, and there will be much more info to come as we get closer. In the mean time, check out this brand new organization: US Lightweight Rowing Association. It was created to help support lightweights in the US, both in development and on the elite level. What they're doing is already pretty exciting and I have no doubt we'll be seeing some great stuff from them in the future. So if you like lightweights and you like rowing, you should probably "like"the USLRA on Facebook.
Go USA!

No comments:
Post a Comment