Post #68
Boston, Massachusetts - This weekend is Head of the Charles Regatta. It's said by many rowers to be the "most wonderful time of year," and I totally agree. The Charles is a giant meeting of the rowing world, from novice rowers all the way up through the elites. It's one of the few regattas where I can watch my high school club, college team, and national team friends race, all in the same weekend. The two best things about this race are seeing friends/coaches/teammates from years past and all the people cheering from the six bridges on the course. I am so excited to get out there and race tomorrow.
Racing for the Badgers in 2006
This will be my eighth time racing Head of the Charles since 2002, but only my third time in the lightweight single. I won this event in 2009 and then missed the regatta last year since we were in New Zealand for Worlds. The entries in my event feature several women who have raced at Worlds or World Cups so it should be great competition.
I am racing in the lightweight single (event 47), on Sunday at 12:40 pm eastern. I'm bow #6, racing in a black Fluidesign with red Wisconsin blades. The Wisco lightweights will be racing on Sunday at 4:35 pm. You can get all the information here, including live video feed and live results. Row2k will also have comprehensive coverage of the weekend.
In the eight years I've raced the Head of the Charles, the weather has varied dramatically. Some years it's a perfect fall day in New England: crisp air, sunshine, and calm winds. In 2009, Saturday was nice but Sunday was miserably cold, windy, and snowing by the time the eights raced.

Saturday on the Charles in 2009

Sunday on the Charles in 2009
1 comment:
Congratulations on your win!!!
Post a Comment