Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pre-Worlds Stuff and Website Launch

Post #60

Oakland, California - My pre-Worlds training here is wrapping up and we're getting ready to head out to Slovenia. Margot and Paul (with puppy Samuel) have been letting me stay with them in California. Margs and I go way back: we rowed together in high school and became best friends. We both went to Wisconsin and rowed for the lightweight team there, often sitting next to each other in the 8. We also lived together for most of college, which means that I also basically lived with Paul once they started dating junior year. They are great people and are like family to me.


Row2k has asked me to be one of their National Team bloggers while at Worlds. I'll be contributing to their Worlds blog section throughout racing - keep an eye out! I'm honored to be one of the athletes contributing to this and I'm excited to see what all of us can put together. Also, since row2k is so awesome, they try to post a gallery of pre-Worlds training photos for each boat that will be competing. The galleries are posting this week, and ours was just put up the other day. The photos below were taken on Saturday morning.




Last but not least, I have (hesitantly) launched a website. I have never wanted to be an athlete who flaunts my rowing career, but I have wanted to keep friends/supporters in the loop. Hence, the website: kristinhedstrom.com. It was created as a result of two things: people wanting an easier way to stay in the loop (and find this blog's URL - it's easier to remember my name than this long blog address!) and people wanting a simpler way to help support me financially. For those of you who have donated: my sincerest thanks. The fact that you understand the financial burden that following a dream like this comes along with and are willing to help out means so much to me.

No comments: