Princeton, New Jersey - More information came in today about how to follow online.
Results can be found here. They won't be posted instantaneously (as they usually are) because the normal timing company isn't operating. Tomorrow morning's time trial begins at 8:15 eastern. It's head race style, meaning that they will start us one by one about twenty seconds apart. It's an interesting type of race because you really have no idea how you are doing relative to your competitors during the race. So I'll know how I did as soon as you'll know!
Oh, and the press release for the event can be found here, if you're interested in who to look for in the other events. Several national team lightweights are racing in the heavyweight division for this race, including Ursula Grobler (who sat in front of me in the quad at Worlds last year) and Meghan Sarbanis (who has been to several World Championships, most recently in 2009).
Ann Cheng posted a question yesterday about the time trial distance. Last year, USRowing changed the distance for time trials from 2,000 meters (the normal sprint race distance) to 1,900 meters. They made this switch in order to align USRowing's rules with FISA's rules. I guess if FISA ever had to run a time trial at an international event, they would use 1,900 meters, so USRowing decided to do the same. This actually works pretty well at Lake Mercer (where I'm racing) because it allows you to build into the piece for those first 100 meters. Since the time trial is head race style, there's no need to it off the start. You can simply row on the paddle, build up to speed and then, like a head race, the starter tells you when you're on.
As always, thanks for the support and comments - here we go!
1 comment:
Congrats in the TT! I see Ursula and some other lightweights entered the open rather then LW. In order to compare times were the conditions any different between 7:00 and 8:15 when the two TTs were done?
I'll have the same questions when the other races are run.
thanks,
Nosmo
Post a Comment