Wednesday, October 20, 2010

And We're Off!

Post #24

Bellingham, Washington - Our bags are packed and we have one more training row tomorrow morning before our long trek to New Zealand for the World Championships. My bow seat, Victoria, and I calculated the door-to-door travel time tomorrow and I think we came up with 24.5 hours. Should be a looong trip but I'm really excited. I've been reflecting on the past year since the 2009 World Championships as we approach this culminating race of 2010. It has certainly been a long year, but a really great one. I've been so lucky to travel and train in many different places with many wonderful people. Of course, my time with Mrs. Feingold's class was one of my most cherished memories of the year, and I can't wait to hang out with them for a week in November when I get back to the states.

As far as results from the racing go, I'm going to try to update this while I'm in NZ. As of the current schedule, our racing starts on November 2 at 11:41 am. That's November 1 at 3:41 pm U.S. Pacific time. The final medals race is slated for November 6 at 2:18 pm, so that's November 5 at 6:18 pm on the west coast. The results can be found at World Rowing or Row2k.

On to the racing!

No comments: