Saturday, January 30, 2010

Back to Indoor Training

Post # 3

MADISON, WISCONSIN - First and foremost, huge congratulations to all of the ITA athletes that have been named to the Olympic team!  I am anxious for the Games to start and can't wait to watch Emily, Torin, and Caitlin compete.

I've been back in Madison for about two weeks now.  I helped drive the trailer carrying about 20 boats back from Florida and it took us 2 days and about 24 driving hours.  The truck and trailer together are longer than an semi, so driving it can get a little tricky sometimes.  Luckily the weather wasn't too bad, except that it was really windy on the first day so the trailer was swaying back and forth on the highway a lot!  I finally got to my house at 1:30 am and went to bed before getting back into training the next morning.

Here are two pictures of when we drove home.  Next to cars, our trailer looks huge, but put it between some semis, and it looks really little!




I've heard different reports on how thick the ice on the lake here in Madison is right now, but it sounds like it's somewhere between 8 and 16 inches.  With that, my team and I are hard at work on the indoor rowing machines (ergometers, or ergs) and in the weight room.  We've had some tough workouts but I had a really good week of training and it feels great to be working hard. 

It looks like my community project will be coming together in the next couple weeks.  I'm so excited to get started!


No comments: